Discover why the TFA Corps is the premier alternative teacher preparation program in South Carolina.
What is the TFA Corps?
The TFA Corps is South Carolina’s premier alternative teacher preparation program that provides you with the professional, social, and financial support needed to launch an impactful career in the classroom.
As a corps member, you make a two-year teaching commitment at one of our partner school districts in the Lowcountry, Pee Dee, or Upstate community. During this commitment, you receive ongoing training, coaching, and professional development from TFASC that enables you to transform student outcomes at schools with the greatest needs. We also provide you with a pathway to teacher certification and a statewide network of like-minded educational equity advocates.
“The additional layer of support that TFASC provided as a first- and second-year teacher was pivotal. Our education system would be different if teachers were given more support.”
TFASC Alumna and Assistant Principal,
Darlington County Virtual Academy
Who is the TFA Corps designed for?
We seek diverse leaders – from all backgrounds and academic interests – who have the desire and ability to imagine bold possibilities, pursue change, and transform student outcomes.
The TFA Corps is designed for:
- Undergraduate and graduate students who did not take a traditional education route but are interested in teaching
- Undergraduate and graduate students who did take a traditional education route and believe in TFASC’s vision
- Non-certified employees in South Carolina schools and school districts, including paraprofessionals, teaching assistants, and substitute teachers
- Career changers who are interested in teaching
What are the benefits as a corps member?
- Extensive coaching and professional development opportunities alongside your TFASC teaching cohort
- Ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities in education across the state
- Connections with a cohort of TFASC teachers across the state
- Teacher certification assistance
Note: Certification is earned after three years of teaching.